Sunday, January 27, 2013

Welcome Y'all!  My family and I moved out here in August of 2012.  It has been an adventure to say the least. We're pretty much city slickers learning how to live and work with the land. It's a dream come true for us and we're loving it.  I'll break it down to you: We're a family of 7 (almost 8) living in a 1580 sqft home out in the country in Texas on 16 acres.  We had 2 ducks but thanks to our new pet alligator those have vanished so we are left with 1 alligator and 1 rabbit. We also homeschool our children so that's another adventure in and of itself. We knew NOTHING of country living out here until now and boy have we learned a lot!

We had major plans to fix up the land and the buildings, buy and raise animals, and basically learn how to be somewhat of a homestead.....but I found out I was pregnant the second week we moved in.  It was quite a shocker, but we feel truly blessed.  Needless to say, our plans had to be put on hold for 3 months while I endured the oh so fun morning, day and night sickness.  I am now in my third trimester and have been quite panicky on accomplishing things before the baby comes, Because of this extra energy,  I've actually accomplished quite a bit.  I plan on sharing these projects and the lessons I've learned from a "city slicker" point of view.  

No comments:

Post a Comment